'A Vision For Future Healthcare'
Every year on May 12th, International Nurses Day is a time to pause, reflect upon, and celebrate the outstanding contribution of the world’s nursing professionals to global health. The International Council of Nurses (ICN) has themed this year’s International Nurses Day: A Voice to Lead - A vision for future healthcare. Calling for the pandemic to be taken as an opportunity to capitalise on the learning and innovation it has demanded of our healthcare systems.
Members of the largest health profession, this last year, nurses have delivered care above and beyond any expectation of our era, helping the world get through the ongoing COVID-19 crisis and, in some additionally tragic cases, costing them their own lives too.
Here are some messages, wishes, and quotes that you can share to express gratitude towards nurses
- "In all cultures, the midwife's place is on the threshold of life, where intense human emotions, fear, hope, longing, triumph, and incredible physical power enable a new human being to emerge. Her vocation is unique."- Sheila Kitzinger
- You warm the hearts of many with your kindness and compassion. You are a great nurse and a wonderful person. Happy Nurses Day!
- "The character of the nurses is as important as the knowledge she possesses."- Carolyn Javis
- Your tender care, love, and understanding have made a difference in the lives of so many! Hope you have the same smiling day as you make of others!
- "As a nurse, we have the opportunity to heal the heart, mind, soul, and body of our patients, their families, and ourselves. They may not remember your name but they will never forget the way you made them feel. "- Maya Angelou
From all of us at Kew Care Group, our sincere gratitude goes out to all the nurses who have worked with such diligence going above and beyond their call of duty. Working tirelessly to try and save each life. The world and humanity are in debt to you!