For more details of our transition period for incoming new Residents please call the homes or email us.
• We never take covid positive Residents from hospital or home.
• We feel that a quick double negative test admission process holds more risk than we are willing to take and that the 7 day Transition Period is vital for the security of both new and existing vulnerable Residents.
• Thorough infection control processes and good PPE supply.
• Transition suite – ground floor bedroom for window and garden visits.
• First swab test 7 days prior to admission, second test 7 days after admission.
• Family member could move into nearby room to assist in transition period (on request)
• During Transition Period, one to one settling in time with staff to build care plan together
• Meals shared with member of our experienced staff team (if desired) in suite.
• Well-being co-ordinator liaison time with Resident and family noting social history
• Cook and kitchen team meetings to develop tailor made meal-time choices
• Hairdresser can visit in the Transition Suite (if desired)
• Laundry, housekeeping meeting opportunities plus maintenance man re pictures to hang etc.
• After second negative swab result, full integration into the care home community.
• Weekly staff and monthly Resident swab testing minimise risk levels